Owner-Occupied Repair Program
Crooked Creek Northwest CDC works to combat blight and displacement. We administer an owner-occupied repair program that supports families in need of essential improvements ranging from $1,000 to $25,000. This program is based on available funds. Program requires are as follows.
To qualify, residents must:
- Own their homes, have adequate homeowner's insurance, and be current on property taxes.
- Live within the CDC's service area: 46268, 46278, 46254, 46228 and residents living west of
Grandview Drive/Ditch Road in 46260.
- Earn less than 80% area median income
Priorities will be given to:
- Projects that mitigate blight or conditions that pose a serious threat
- Seniors, veterans, and those living with disabilities
- Those living in high-poverty census tracts
- Repairs that are essential for habitability and mitigate displacement
- Projects that enhance the overall home value
PLEASE READ: It is important to note that repair funds are not grants but rather a 30-year, 0% interest deferred loan. A lien will be place against the property in the amount of the repairs. Homeowners who sell their homes prior before the end of the 30-year period may be required to repay the loan.